You’ll never know the answers to any of these questions…if you quit.
The answer to all of those questions is different for every champion. I will answer them, the best I can, for how they have applied to me in my journey.
1. Be prepared for people to quit on you. People quit everything in life. It’s just going to happen. Don’t take it personally. Success is not for the weak.
The best advice I can give about quitting is: Don’t. Make a decision one time that you’re going finish. If you don’t make the commitment to yourself to never quit, one day you will. Just make the commitment one time to finish and then manage the frustration along the way. If you leave quitting as an option on the table, one day you will take it.
As for the people who quit on you along the way- pray for them. They have just reinforced that habit in their life. Odds are very slim that they are going to pursue a life of excellence, in any field.
2. Things never work out the way that we think they are supposed to. We are not God. We don’t know everything, so there is absolutely no way that things would work out exactly the way we want them to, every time. Stay flexible and faithful to God’s plan for your life. Things may not be working out according to your plan, but they are working out according to God’s plan.
3. When logic is telling you to quit, push harder! Success in anything is not logical. It is emotional and spiritual. The journey that you are on is most likely ordained by God. Faith in God’s plan for you life is not logical. Forget logic, the only thing logic will do for you is come up with excuses to quit. Give your heart to God and then follow your heart.
4. Why should you keep going? If you quit now it was all for nothing. All the sacrifices and investments, they are all gone if you quit. You lose it all. There is really only one question that you need to ask yourself anytime you think about quitting, ” Quit to what?” If you quit the path you’re currently on, what else are really going to do to live a life of significance?
5. I haven’t met a single person who has finished the journey who regretted it. If you think that there is a possibility that your victory won’t be worth the pain and sacrifice, you need a bigger dream. If you are striving to impact the world in a meaningful way, how could it possibly not be worth it to pay any price for that victory? Visualize your ideal life. Visualize your ideal America. Visualize your ideal world. Is there really any obstacle too big, or too dangerous if what you just visualized is on the other side?
God has given you the vision that you have inside your heart. That is why you can’t get rid of it, no matter how hard you try. Be strong, toughen up, and never never never never quit!